Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Chicken Empanadas


Chicken Empanadas 


There are a few recipes that I make that do not take long to disappear. 
This is one of those...

I've pretty much mastered the art of easy cooking. 
I learned to use short cuts because quit frankly...
Ain't nobody got time for that... 
WAIT...WHAT??? 
What just happened....

Oh social media, you have taken over my life. 
I can't avoid that meme for the life of me...
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em... Right?

To avoid further meme outbursts... Let's move on.



Recipe

2lbs Ground Chicken
1/2 Orange Pepper, Diced
1/2 Yellow Pepper, Diced
1 Package of Maggie Chicken Seasoning
1/2 Onion, Diced
5 Cloves Garlic, Grated
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Worcester Sauce
8oz Cream Cheese
1 Cup Cheddar/Mozzarella Mix
20 Goya Discos Para Empanadas - Dough For Turnover Pastries
Black Pepper to Taste


This is the season packet that I used. 
If it's hard for you to find, use a packet of Sazon.


Dice the peppers into small cubes and mix cheeses in a bowl.
I used two different color sweet peppers because I like how it looks.
You can use just one color to keep it simple.
In a medium pot, cook the chicken, diced onion and garlic.
When chicken is cooked through, add soy sauce & worcester sauce to brown.


Turn off the stove and add the cheese and pepper mixture into the pot to combine.


I cut the discs in half to make smaller empanadas but you can keep them whole if you'd like.
Add a spoonful of the mixture onto each.


Fold over the dough and pinch the edges to seal.
Now you know that I like to get fancy so I used a fork to crimp the edges.


Deep fry in oil at medium heat until golden brown. 
You can also bake these to make them a little healthier.


Just looking at these makes me want to make some more right now!!!

Serve on a nice platter. 
No dipping sauce necessary because the creamy filling needs no help!


ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment