Friday, May 10, 2013

Spicy Chicken Pasta


Spicy Chicken Pasta


Oh Hey Guys!!! Long time, no blog!!! 
I've been kinda busy with life and haven't really had the chance to sit down at the computer and type. 
The cooking hasn't stopped though...
You can always keep up with my day to day life on my instagram
but I must warn you, I'm not very interesting.. lol

Anywhooo...
This dish is my "copycat" recipe of Cheesecake Factory's Louisiana Chicken Pasta.
Shhh... Don't tell them!
This is my go to dish whenever I get to Cheesecake Factory, which isn't often enough..
So, I decided to learn how to make it at home!!
Of course it's not the same, but it's pretty darn close!!!

RECIPE:

Chicken:
Thin Sliced Chicken Breasts
Panko Bread Crumbs
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (to taste)
Parmesan Cheese
Eggs

Pasta:
1 Box Bow Tie Pasta
4Tbsp Butter
1 Medium Red Onion
4 Garlic Cloves, Minced
Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (to taste)
1 Red Pepper, Chopped
1 Orange Pepper, Chopped
1-2 Cups Mushrooms, Sliced
1 Can Low-Sodium Chicken Stock
1 Pint Heavy Cream
2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1/4 Cup Fresh Basil
1 Pack Cream Cheese
Salt & Pepper to taste


Heat a large pan to medium heat and add butter. Toss is the onions, red and orange peppers. 


Saute this for a about a minute and then toss in the mushrooms. 
Cook until tender. 
Add the garlic and combine.
You don't want to cook the garlic for long, 
just until you get smell of amazing Garlic-ness <--- Yes, that's a word in my book!
Add the amount of red pepper flakes that you want.
I obviously added quite a bit because I'm a dare devil but you can adjust to your liking.
I would warn you to add a little at first. You can always adjust later.


At this point, add the chicken stock, heavy cream, cream cheese and basil and let simmer.
Once it starts to thicken, add the Parmesan cheese. 
Now I said to add 2 cups but I sometimes add more or less. 
I also toss in some freshly grated Parmesan cheese at the end, 
but let's not get ahead of ourselves...
Taste your sauce now and add more red pepper flakes if you would like.


Cook the pasta according to the package. Drain and combine with the sauce.


Now let's get to the chicken.
You can always get boneless chicken breasts and pound it thin.. 
But I'm not into all of that hard labor..
So, I use thin sliced breast.


In three separate containers, lay out the flour, eggs, and panko.
In the panko, add Parmesan cheese. I used 2 cups of panko and 1 cup of cheese.
So, basically 2 to 1. I also added more red pepper flakes.
Dip chicken into flour, then eggs, then panko mixture.
Fry in vegetable oil at medium heat.


This recipe is always a hit!
The Mr. loves this so much, he requested it 3 times in the past 2 weeks!
It takes a little bit of work, but it's so worth it!!!


ENJOY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment