Monday, April 15, 2013

Pray for Boston




There will be no recipe post today in respect for those who were 
injured and killed in today's tragedy.


Today, during the Boston Marathon, evil happened. 
While innocent men, women and children stood by the sidelines to cheer on their loved ones, 
the unthinkable happened. Bombs were set off, injuring so many and even killing some.

This was an extremely scary situation for not only those in the area, 
but all of the residents of this beautiful city who had to scramble to locate loved ones.

I was born on the island of Trinidad but Boston raised me. 
I have been lucky enough to call Boston my home for over 25 years. 
I have walked, traveled, worked, eaten, shopped and celebrated on that same street 
that is now covered in blood. 

Sadness has overcome all who call Boston home.
BUT...
We are STRONG!
Being a Bostonian does not just mean we like the Sox or Celtics... 
It means our pride in through and through.
These streets are our home. We walk through them with pride.

Today was terrible, yes, but I am so proud of my fellow citizens. 
More than I have ever been. 
We will overcome this tragedy. 
No hate and evil can break the love and passion that we have for our city.


Please Pray For Boston.




No comments:

Post a Comment