Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Shrimp Alfredo

Shrimp Alfredo w/ Bacon


If I had to eat the same thing every single day of my life, it would involve shrimp. 

Don't ask me why, because I couldn't tell you...
Maybe because it's so easy to cook, or maybe because it just about works in any dish imaginable... 

Umm.. Ok Maybe not any dish.. but you get what I'm saying..
Don't you?
I'd just agree so we can move on...




I usually NEVER use spaghetti pasta, but today, for some reason I decided to do so.
I'm pretty sure something distracted me and I just picked this one by accident.. But it worked.

Side Note: Do you get as overwhelmed as I do when looking for the right pasta? 

Is there any shape that they DON'T come in??? 
Geesh!!! 



Oh, I tend not to measure when cooking. I use my best judgement, 
but I'll try my best to estimate for you all. Sorry!


RECIPE

4 Tbsp Butter
4-5 Cloves of Garlic
4-5 Stalks of Green Onion
1/2 Lemon
1 Large Bag of Medium Size Shrimp
1 Box of Spaghetti 
1 Jar of Bertolli Mushroom Alfredo (Don't Judge Me!!)
5 Strips of Bacon



In a large pan, melt about 4 tablespoons of butter 
and grate in your cloves of garlic.

Oh, did I mention that I have a deep love for garlic?? 
Like seriously, we are in love!! 


Just when your butter and garlic are starting to give you that "Oh My Goodness" smell,
toss in your shrimp.

I used frozen shrimp that were cleaned and had the tails still on. 
This is totally up to you. I was just trying to get a little fancy.

Let your shrimp cook until they turn ^ this color.


Chop up your green onions, toss in and squeeze 1/2 a lemon into the mixture.



Ok, this is a little embarrassing... This is not something that I do.. 
I NEVER use jarred Alfredo sauce.. NEVER!

So... If my sister saw this, she'd laugh at me! She taught me to make 
Alfredo sauce from scratch a loooong time ago and now I always brag about how I make it better...

And then I bought this.. Really? 
Shame on me!!!

But, I must say... It tastes pretty amazing once you add all the stuff that I just did...



Once you add in your sauce, just let it simmer for a while so all of those flavors have time to mingle...
While they chat... fry up your bacon or microwave it... whatever your method is.. Just make sure it's crispy!
And chop it up!

This is pretty much the end of the story...
Add in your bacon and pasta and toss together.


Put it all in a pretty dish and let it set up. The sauce will thicken after a few minutes. 

ENJOY!!






No comments:

Post a Comment