Thursday, April 11, 2013

Chocolate Covered Oreos



Chocolate Covered Oreos


Ok, Let's talk about overindulgence.

I think these cookies might be somewhere in the definition... 
Just Sayin'
BUT, I have a good excuse for making these! 
I SWEAR!!!
No, really I do!

See, My Big Sis is preggers and I'm kind of obsessed with the idea 
of being an aunty for the first time.
Her baby shower is just around the corner and we decided to have a SWEET BAR!
A table full of desserts and candy!!!
How fun does that sound??

I KNOW RIGHT!?!?


I figured I should get some practice in before the big day...
So, here I am, trying to be fancy... Kinda...
I Googled sweet bars and was bombarded with pictures of chocolate covered Oreos.
Seems simple enough...


What You Will Need

Package of Oreos
Various Bags of Melting Chocolate
Edible Decorations of Your Choice
Fork or Spoon
Wax Paper
Plastic Food Storage Bags
Food Coloring



Melt the chocolate according to the directions on the package.

The baby shower is a Nautical Theme and the colors are 
Navy Blue, Yellow, and Gray.
You can just get a few bags of white chocolate and add in food coloring but
I was lucky enough to find yellow and blue chocolate at the craft store.

Of course, You can use any color that you like.


Dip your Oreos into the melted chocolate.


And lay them on a sheet of waxed paper. 
Using a fork or spoon will make this process much easier.
Leave it alone for a few minutes and the chocolate will firm up.


Here's the fun part!!
Time to get fancy!!

Pour some of the colored chocolate into a plastic bag and 
squish it all down to one on the corners.
Yeah, I said SQUISH!
How often in life do you get the chance to use that word?!


Cut a tiny hole at the tip of the bag and drizzle over the cookies.


Don't worry about making a mess. 


Once the chocolate dries, you can just break off the edges that are crazy looking. 
Or if you're trying to be fancy like me, 
use a sharp little knife to carve the edges into the perfect circle.


All Done!! 
It's pretty easy once you get a a mental picture of what you want it to look like in your head.

These things are amazing!! 
And this is coming from a girl who isn't the biggest fan of sweets.

When I make these for the actual shower, I'll have to find navy blue food coloring.
These are a bit to bright... 
But that's not your problem so I'll just shut up about it.

Anyway, Have fun making these and don't worry about messing up 
because there's no such thing in this recipe! :) 
Well, I guess you could accidentally burn the chocolate, 
but if you don't do that, you'll be OK.



ENJOY!!!


2 comments:

  1. Where do you come up with these ideas?? I like this a lot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw cookies like this on Google but I wasn't going to pay ridiculous prices that those sweet shops charge!!! So I made them myself! Lol

      Delete